APPLEBEE’S TEQUILA LIME CHICKEN RECIPE (AKA FIESTA LIME CHICKEN)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup tequila
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups fresh, crunchy corn tortilla strips
- ½ Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Applebee’s Mexi Ranch Dressing (4 tbsp. salsa mixed with ¾ cup ranch dressing)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, lime juice, and tequila. Shake well and marinate overnight.
- When ready, remove chicken from lime tequila marinade and grill over medium heat 10 minutes, flipping half way through grilling. Be sure chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, set your oven to broil.
- Place tortilla strips on serving plate and top with a chicken breast. Do this for each chicken breast.
- Smother grilled chicken breasts with Mexi-ranch dressing and cheese (divide portions so they’re equal).
- Place each plate of food under a broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is completely melted and just starting to bubble.
- Promptly and carefully remove plates from oven.
- Top with pico de gallo and Spanish rice. Mmmmmmmm!