- Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1/4 teaspoon each gel or liquid food colors (neon pink, neon purple, neon orange, neon green, classic blue)
- Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Gel or liquid food colors (neon pink, neon purple, neon orange, neon green, classic blue)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 60 mini muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter among 5 small bowls, about 3/4 cup each. Make 5 different colors of batter by adding 1/4 teaspoon food color to each bowl; blend well.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 level measuring tablespoon batter, making 12 cupcakes of each color.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat marshmallow creme and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. Divide frosting among 5 small bowls, about 1/3 cup each. Using the same 5 food colors, lightly tint frosting in each bowl to match the cupcake colors.
- Assemble each popper using 2 mini cupcakes. Cut tops off each cupcake horizontally (save bottoms for another use). Spread or pipe about 1 tablespoon frosting on cut side of 1 cupcake top. Form a sandwich by placing cut side of second cupcake top on frosting; press lightly. Repeat with remaining cupcake tops. Store loosely covered.