Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shooters Recipe
Special notes to remember before you get started:
- Use the real Jell-o mix and not a store brand, as the store brands tend not to set up as firmly.
- Choose the freshest strawberries you can find.
- You can use a strawberry huller or an apple corer along with a melon baller to empty out the strawberry. I used the latter method because it allowed me to dig a deeper well.
- These are best made the night before and served the next day.
- Fill your strawberries as high as possible, as the Jell-O will sink a bit in the middle.
- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
- 8 ounces tequila, preferably reposado or blanco
- 6 ounce Cointreau
- Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
This recipe and photo is courtesy of bakersroyale.com