- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey breast
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup teriyaki glaze
- 8 dinner rolls, sliced open
- optional TOPPINGS , additional teriyaki glaze, pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Remove the turkey from it’s package by turning it out onto a cutting board. Cut the rectangle of ground turkey into 8 even pieces (one horizontal cut and four vertical cuts).
- Gently work each piece of turkey into a patty shape, only handling and pressing as much as is necessary to shape it. Do not knead the meat. Once the patty is formed, press your thumb into the center, creating a dimple. Then, place the patty onto the prepared baking sheet. Continue until all the meat is used.
- Season each patty with salt and pepper.
- Slide the tray into the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the burgers and then brush with teriyaki glaze, reserving the leftover portion. Cook for another 10 minutes and flip the burgers again. Brush with more glaze (this should finish it up) and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve on dinner rolls immediately. If desired, serve with a dollop of additional teriyaki glaze, a few pieces of baby spinach or slim slices of pineapple
THANK YOU SCARON FOR THE RECIPE